Searching for Daisy Bates Quotes? You’re at the right place, Explore all the civil activist Daisy Bates Quotes here. Daisy Gatson Bates Day commemorated on February’s third Monday every year. The day is a state holiday in Arkansas USA which honors life and works of Daisy Bates. Bates played a vital role in the integration crisis in 1957 at the Little Rock Central High School as civil rights activist.
Her full name was Daisy Lee Gatson she born in 1914 on November 11 in Huttig Arkansas USA. Daisy Bates Quotes are very patriotic and have a reflection of rights of civilization in them. People remember Daisy Bates Quotes and her civil rights works for the nation. Daisy Gatson Bates Day lies on the same day with The Presidents’ Day, and it’s a great honor for her.
If you also want to share Daisy Bates Quotes with your family, friends and loved ones then select from our collection. We are also providing you images of these Daisy Bates Quotes that you can use to make Daisy Gatson Bates Day cards. Or can share these images with your family, friends, and loved ones through any social or by email. You can also use these images of Daisy Bates Quotes to set as your device’s background. Or also can use to update your social media’s status to celebrate the Daisy Gatson Bates Day.
Daisy Bates Quotes:
- “What plays the mischief with the truth is that men will insist upon the universal application of a temporary feeling or opinion.” ~ Daisy Bates
- “From without, no wonderful effect is wrought within ourselves, unless some interior, responding wonder meets it.” ~ Daisy Bates
- “No man or woman who tries to pursue an ideal in his or her way is without enemies.” ~ Daisy Bates
- “Don’t do today what you could put off till tomorrow.” ~ Daisy Bates
- “Surely the world we live in is but the world that lives in us.” ~ Daisy Bates
- “If you’re fighting for citizens’ rights, you’re never free from fear…But nevertheless, I feel if I’m going to live in this town and live with myself, I must oppose hatred and prejudice in any way that I can.” ~ Daisy Bates
- “What is happening at Little Rock transcends segregation and integration— This is a question of right against wrong.” ~ Daisy Bates
- “The man who never makes a mistake always takes orders from one who does. No man or woman who tries to pursue an ideal in his or her way is without enemies. ” ~ Daisy Bates
Quotes about Daisy Gatson Bates:
- “Sooner or later, we will have to recognize that the Earth has rights, too, to live without pollution. What humanity must know is that human beings cannot live without Mother Earth, but the planet can live without humans.”
- “Opinions differ most when there is a least scientific warrant for having any.”
- “The preservation of peace and the guaranteeing of man’s basic freedoms and rights require courage and eternal vigilance: courage to speak and act – and if necessary, to suffer and die – for truth and justice; eternal vigilance that the least transgression of international morality shall not go undetected and unremedied.”
- “I love people who make me laugh. I honestly think it’s the thing I like most, to laugh. It cures a multitude of ills. It’s probably the most important thing in a person.”
- “We hold these truths to be self-evident: that all men are created equal; that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights; that among these are life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.”
- “Suddenly I realized that this calm that I had so taken for granted was only the calm before the storm.”
- “A constructive approach to diplomacy doesn’t mean relinquishing one’s rights. It means engaging with one’s counterparts, by equal footing and mutual respect, to address shared concerns and achieve shared objectives.”